Friday, March 29, 2013

NEW CAMERA


This one gives me some cool options for recording hunts and other events.
            I don’t consider myself a technology buff, but I recently bought a Veho VCC-005-MUVI mini camcorder. I already own one each of the smaller-than-your-thumb VCC-003-MUVI and VCC-004-MUVI-ATOM micro camcorders, and they’re useful for no-hands recording when clipped to a headband.
            Although quite compact (measuring 3 by 1.8 by .74 inches), the VCC-005 is a bit too large to comfortably strap to my head. I like this camera because it comes with a remote control and waterproof case, opening up a world of possibilities.



            My aide Ricardo Meneses and I tested the camera here in my ninth-floor Rio apartment, where hummingbirds and bananaquits regularly flit in and out the window to drink from a feeder hanging in our living room. We also improvised a bird bath, which the bananaquits use every day.
            First we put the camera on a tripod by the bird bath:

            Then we put it in the water. I added some slo-mo when editing this video:

Nature is all around us, and adventure is where you find it—so get out there and start looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment